Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Iphone meets pavement- ouch!

Back when I worked at Dr. Erena's, we had a known phenomenon which we referred to as "George". It was always around 2-3pm, and everyone was getting that afternoon drowsy feeling, stuff just seemed to break or go crazy. 6 years later, this is what I refer to as deployment elves. Flat tires, major appliance breakdown, crazy kids (aka- having your 3 year old lock you out of the house), etc. all happen within this "witching hour" or in military spouse life "witching months". I was surprised at how "easy" (RELATIVE) this deployment has been. My kids have been well behaved, nothing has broken, I'm getting alot accomplished...

NEVER utter these words audibly.

As I'm in a hurry to wisk my kids off to free childcare on base (with a mile long list of "to-dos"), I load the kids and drive off. Hmmm, something's not right. Check the kids in- appear to have everything for them.
Head to Lowes- where's my list?
Let's see, I had my list and phone in my hand...
then put it on top of the car...
ugh...
MAYBE I left it inside in my hurry to leave the house- yeah, right.
So I drive home, panicked, options: a) phone is in the house, b)phone was left with kiddos, c)phone was stolen, d)phone is laying in the driveway/street/garage. I was really hoping for A or B, worst case scenario would be C, although probably covered by car insurance, I have no other means of communication (ie- home phone, spouse's phone)...it was option D.
Exhibit A(did I mention it was in the STREET FOR AN HOUR and may have gotten run over, so I am not hating on Apple like most people do when their phone shatters. Mine was totally functional, just horribly shattered)


Apparently no one fixes Iphone 4 (curse myself for having to have the NEW iPhone), except for Craigslist Killers or online companies that charge $100+. You Tube is genius, after youtubing how to fix your own iPhone, I bit the bullet. Two days later...Exibit B...
good as new...at least so far (those bubbles are just the protective cover). Take that, Craigslist Killer!

Here's some more of my geeky photos of my phone repairs complete with diagrams and I even had to make (file) my own screwdriver.


No comments: