Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Farmers' Market!




And here's the goods! I'd never heard of Pluots before moving to California, maybe that just shows how little I've ventured outside my local grocers before, but they are delicious! I've learned that you need to pick these a little firm or eat them the same day, otherwise they get pretty mushy. White nectarines- these bad boys are unbelievable! These have been my latest pregnancy craving. And here in Nor Cal they are HUGE! Peaches- a staple in our household. Raspberries- since berries are getting more and more sparse at the farmers' market, if I see them, I get them! They are great for baking, although Tom has been snacking on them too much for any real baking. Strawberries- I had a plan for a mascarpone tart which is why I bought so many, but I've also been enjoying these with some Zinfandel chocolate we bought a while back and Rutherford Grove Winery. Birdseed Raisin Bread- This was an impulse buy and while it was good, it dried out to quickly :-( And butternut squash- I'm going to push my luck and try it out for the second week in a row with my picky toddler...wish me luck :-)

Tom was amazed at how big the strawberries were, so he took a picture. Yes, that's a quarter to show how big they are!







No comments: